Personal data refers to all types of personal information, sensitive personal information and privileged information. Personal information refers to “any information, whether or not recorded in any form, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can reasonably and/or directly be ascertained by the entity holding the information, or, when put together with other information, would directly and certainly identify an individual”.
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
To enable us to comply with our corporate policies in relation to data subjects as well as with the requirements under the Data Privacy Act, it is important that we collect, use, store and retain your personal data only as is reasonable and necessary for a declared and specific purpose stated in the pertinent consent forms.
In general, we are using your data for any of the following purposes:
- To evaluate and/or fulfill your transaction with us;
- To comply with ITC’s obligations under law and as required by government organizations and/or agencies such as, but not limited to, the following: NPC, BSP, BIR, HDMF or Pag-IBIG, PhilHealth, SSS and so on;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements or obligations; and,
- To perform such other processing or disclosure that may be required under law or regulations.
Other uses by nature of our transactions:
In addition, from the general uses mentioned above, we may use your personal information depending on your transactions with us in any of the following means:
- When you want to become a part of our team (for Employment Purposes):
- To consider and evaluate your suitability for employment and, with your permission, inform and consider you for future job opportunities that may be of interest to you;
- To communicate with you about your employment application;
- When hired, to process your data necessary for your employment such as, but not limited to, payroll, benefits application, and other purposes that demand processing of your personal data;
- When hired, for your performance evaluation and career development including seminars, trainings, workshops, and compliance monitoring,
- When hired, to process your data necessary to execute business transactions such as preparation and/or approval of business documents and any other functions that are directly related and/or incidental to your job and that will demand processing of your personal data; and,
- Upon separation, to process your data for the exit interview and preparation of final pay.
- When you are a customer (for Corporate Customers):
- To be able to deliver the shipment to the consignee;
- To able to track shipments and generate status reports;
- To respond to specific complaints, inquiries, requests or to provide requested information;
- To provide customer care activities, monitor our quality and security, and provide services timely and efficiently;
WHAT TYPE OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information to provide you with details and information regarding our product and services. We process information also to respond to your enquiries. The common type of data collected by ITC from you, generally includes the following:
- Personal information such as full name, home addresses/billing address/shipping address, telephone, other personal contact numbers/details;
- Sensitive personal information such as government issued ID numbers;
You are responsible for ensuring that all data, whether personal information, sensitive personal information or privileged information, you submit to ITC is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
HOW WE COLLECT, ACQUIRE OR GENERATE YOUR DATA?
We collect data when you:
- Fill-out our forms (e.g. resume or Personal Information form, contact form);
- Disclose your personal information through our corporate customers.
Cookies are small files that our website puts on your personal computer (PC) to store information about your preferences. Cookies can improve your browsing experience by allowing our website to remember your preferences or letting you avoid signing in each time you visit our website. If you don't want our website to store cookies on your PC, you can block cookies. But blocking cookies might prevent some pages from displaying correctly, or you might get a message from our website letting you know that you need to allow cookies to view our website.
Use the privacy options in your web browser if you do not wish to receive (a) cookie(s) or you wish to set your browser to notify you when you receive (a) cookie(s). Click on the "Help" section of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of this website.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
As a general rule, we do not share your data to any third party.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- We keep and protect your personal data using a secured server behind a firewall, deploying encryption on computing devices and physical security controls.
- We restrict access to your personal data only to qualified and authorized personnel who hold your personal data with strict confidentiality.
- Any personal data that you provide on the website is initially processed and stored by ITC. Using a secured connection, only authorized ITC personnel can then access your personal data from the system.
WHERE AND HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
All data are preserved in accordance with the retention policy of the Company and/or as required by a specific law or regulation.
Personal data are stored in our facility located in Parañaque City, Philippines and are retained in accordance with the above parameters, industry standards, laws and regulations, unless you request that your personal data be deleted from our systems, databases and hardcopies immediately. Once deleted, your personal data will no longer be searchable or included in anonymous searches and will be completely removed from all the storage location.
The Data Protection Officer may, however, choose not to grant access or correct information based on the request following laws and regulations. He/she will give the individual a written notice that sets out the reason for the refusal.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS, CORRECT AND UPDATE THE PERSONAL DATA WE HAVE ABOUT YOU?
Data Protection Officer
INTERTRAFFIC TRANSPORT CORP
0650 Quirino Avenue, Brgy San Dionisio
Office: +632 8265412
Email address: email@example.com
You may also lodge a complaint before the National Privacy Commission (NPC). For further details, please refer to NPC’s website: https://privacy.gov.ph/mechanics-for-complaints/.
Any action to a request for correction, erasure and/or objection to process your personal data as it appears in our records is subject to applicable laws and/or the DPA, its IRR and other issuances of NPC.